What a great day! You’re at a large event, having an awesome time, enjoying some food and drinks, then, all of a sudden, you have to go. And by go, we mean, find a bathroom, pronto! You find them and oh no…they’re port-a-jons! What do you do? How do you know which one to choose? How can you tell which one will be the cleanest? Don’t panic, we’re here to help! Here are some tips to help you choose the cleanest seat in the yard:
- The first and most important tip? Use the potties furthest from the event. These potties will most likely get the least traction therefore you won’t have to deal with bodily function odors from hundreds of different people. Now that’s a relief!
- Monitoring: when you arrive at the potty area, stand back and monitor for a minute. Do you see one that hasn’t gotten a revolving door of people? Run to that one!
- Try to go as soon as it hits you. The earlier in the night you go, the cleaner the potties will be!
So, what if you’re one of those folks who just have to get to the nearest potty as quickly as possible? For those of you who just have to go when the moment strikes and you don’t have the luxury of time or choice? Here are some tips for you:
- Carry 1-2 toilet seat covers made of tissue and q-tips with you, in your purse, bag or wallet. When you have to go in a messy potty, put the seat cover down and when you’re done, use a q-tip to slide it into the toilet.
- Squat over the seat. Yes, a lot of people do it and though it can be a tough option, who wants germs on their bums and bits?
- Carry paper shoe covers with you or brown paper bags to put over your shoes! Too many people get sloppy or have terrible aim and who wants to walk in that?
- Carry a small bottle or a can of disinfectant spray and lightly spray the toilet and fixtures prior to use.
These tips should help you in a jam! And for those of you who just can’t bring themselves to use a port-a-potty? Does a Bear poo in the woods? Well, you may just find out!